Internal auditors in the automotive industry are essential to providing the objective feedback required for maintaining and continuously improving upon an effective ISO/TS 16949 quality management system. Recommended for new or current internal auditors who need to perform internal quality audits, this course will provide you with the background to audit an internal quality management system to the requirements of ISO/TS 16949. In addition, it is designed specifically for automotive suppliers and meets ISO/TS 16949 and customer requirements for Chrysler, Ford Motor Co., and General Motors Co.
- Define the Automotive Process Approach
- Implement ISO/TS 16949:2009
- Translate Linkages to Automotive Core Tools and Customer Requirements
- Integrate Core Tools
- Translate Linkages to Quality Management Principles
- Perform and apply Audit Skills
- Review Exemplar Global QMS Internal Auditor Certification Handbook
Requirements for Successful Completion
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student’s attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of ISO/TS 16949 and the application of audit principles and practices based on ISO/TS 16949. Fifty percent of the examination grade is based on questions that require short answer responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of ISO/ TS 16949. The remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice and true/false questions.
- Those who pass will receive an Exemplar Global certificate of successful completion, which satisfies the training requirement for individual QMS internal auditor certifications through the Exemplar Global and IRCA.
- Those who do not pass will receive a certificate of attendance.
Please Note: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance