Lead auditors assist your company in maintaining a seamless quality management system and in meeting fast-changing, customer-driven requirements. Using industry methods and tools, our lead auditor classes help you, as an automotive professional, drive continuous improvement throughout your quality management system.
This exclusive course – the highest level of auditor training available to automotive suppliers – meets ISO/TS 16949 requirements and customer requirements of Chrysler, Ford Motor Co., and General Motors Co. It is the only ISO/TS 16949 training that combines the Supplier Auditor Certification with the Exemplar Global-Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training.
- Define Automotive Process Approach
- Apply the Process Approach to their organization
- Identify the ISO/TS 16949:2009 Sector-specific Supplementations/Additions
- Translate the Linkages to Automotive Core Tools and Customer Requirements
- Integrate Core Tools
- Translate Linkages to Quality Management Principles
- Review Rules 3rd Edition
- Review Exemplar Global Auditor Certification Handbook
- Demonstrate Auditing Skills
- Apply Auditing Skills
Recommended for first- and second-party auditors who want to become certified supplier auditors; want to apply for certification as an Exemplar Global-certified QMS internal auditor, QMS auditor or QMS lead auditor; or who need to learn about ISO/TS 16949 in order to audit an ISO/TS 16949 quality management system.
Requirements for Successful Completion
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student’s attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of ISO/TS 16949 and the application of audit principles and practices based on ISO/ TS 16949. Seventy-five percent of the examination grade is based on questions that require essay responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of ISO/TS 16949. The remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice, true/false or short-answer questions.
Earn two certificates upon successful appraisal
- A Exemplar Global certificate of successful completion, which meets the training requirements for Exemplar Global certification of individual QMS internal auditors, QMS auditors and QMS lead auditors
- An ISO/TS 16949 Supplier Auditor Certification certificate for first- and second-party assessments
Note: Successful completion of this course/exam does not qualify you to conduct third-party audits.
Prerequisite A series of questions to be answered and turned in prior to the beginning of the course to demonstrate understanding of ISO 9001.